Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Que hicimos hoy (What we did today)



Megan and Nora's account of the afternoon after lunch:
We (most of the group and all the women and children, minus a group who stayed to work on the roof) went to the beach in Rosarito and played with the kids! We saw a shark! Okay, just kidding. But we had lots of fun! Corie went missing but then we figured out where she was :) False alarm. We buried the kids with sand and took pictures; they love having their picture taken. We got really, really wet and sandy and ate cookies on the bus on the way back. Chocolate chip-the best.


An update on the jewelry team from Tammy:
All the women have thoroughly enjoyed making jewelry. Kari and I have become very close with them during the times we have made jewelry. We have made necklaces, bracelets, key chains, and anklets. They are really enjoying making jewelry. Hopefully they will start selling on the Night Light (Night Light is dedicated to providing a way for exploited women to make money; Deborah's house is hoping to join this organization, which is part of International Missions.) I know that God has touched my life through them and I will truly miss them when we leave.


So I asked one of the children here, Jordi, to say something to our families back home about what we've done this week. This is what he said:
"Hicimos angelitos. Los decoramos con tierra de colores. Hicimos galletas con nuestros nombres. Queso! Hicimos pulseras con bolitas que brillan en la oscuridad. Tambien manteles. HI!"
Translation: "We made little angles and decorated them with colored sand. We made cookies with our names (these were nametags shaped like gingerbread men). Cheese! (I'm not sure why he said cheese :) I then pointed to his bracelet and he told me more) We made bracelets with beads that glow in the dark. Also placemats. Hi!"
The kids have been great and the fact that I've been able to communicate with them has really made it easier for us to connect. In fact, we're such good friends already that they told me today they want to be invited to the wedding :)Yeah, I'm going to miss these ninos!
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. hi uncle Tim! (Tim Moore is my uncle) I have 6 blogs! look at my profile and guess wich niece I am! call me when you have guessed (or at least call the niece you think i am)
    mwhahaha

    ReplyDelete